City of Gardnerville – Military Home Buyer Programs
The Nevada Housing Divisions Home is Possible for Heroes Program (HIP-P) is available in the City of Gardnerville. This program offers active military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard) personnel to receive down payment help on a home purchase. This program allows qualifying military service members who live within the City of Gardnerville or anywhere statewide to receive up to a 5% grant towards a home down payment and/or closing costs. No need to repay this any portion of this grant!
Benefits – City of Gardnerville Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- Available to residents of the City of Gardnerville and also throughout the state of Nevada.
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) can be combined with this program.
- Low monthly mortgage rate with market fixed interest rate on 30-year loans.
- Program fees waived.
- The HIP-H program does not require this to be your first home purchase.
Requirements – City of Gardnerville Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- Must be active military personnel, a veteran, surviving spouse, or National Guard member.
- Income is no more than $95,500.
- Your minimum credit score is 640 or higher.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. Take a look at the City of Gardnerville qualifying home listings.
- Attend required home buyer course.
- As of February 1, 2016, manufactured housing loans will be available for government loans.
- Only Government issued loans – no conventional loans.
- Home purchased must be your primary residence.
- You meet the minimum requirements for underwriting.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
City of Gardnerville Home Buyer Programs