USDA Rural Development Program
The USDA Rural Development Program helps approved lenders provide low income and moderate income families with ability own safe and sanitary housing in rural areas. This program promotes community growth and thriving life in rural areas.
Benefits – USDA Rural Down Payment Program
- Applicants who qualify are given an opportunity to relocate, remodel, or build a dwelling in eligible rural areas.
- The program offers a 90% loan note guarantee to approved lenders that reduces the risk of of an extended 100% loan for eligible buyers.
- USDA mortgage rates today are often the lowest of all of the government-backed mortgages.
- Home buyers can finance 100% of a home’s purchase price and can use the loan to help purchase a manufactured home or modular home.
- Because USDA loans are guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture against loss, they are very little risk to lenders.
- The USDA loan program offers reduced mortgage insurance premiums to borrowers.
- You are not required to take a homeowner counseling class.
Requirements – USDA Rural Down Payment Program
- You meet the income-eligibility as in: (A) 1 to 4 member household annual household income is not to not exceed $75,650 in the majority of the country, but can be up to $153,400 for certain high-cost areas. (B) 5 to 8 member household income is not to exceed $99,850 for most areas, but depending on expensive locations, incomes can be up to $202,500.
- You have never been suspended or debarred from participating in federal programs.
- You can meet credit obligations in a timely manner.
- The property meets all program criteria.
- You will occupy the home as your primary residence.
- You are a U.S. Citizen, U.S. non-citizen national or Qualified Alien.
- You apply with an approved lender.
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.