City of Gardnerville – First Time Home Buyer Programs
The City of Gardnerville offers residents down payment assistance with the Home is Possible Program (ran by the Nevada Housing Division). This program enables City of Gardnerville home buyers who qualify to receive up to 5% of the loan amount towards down payments or closing costs. For example, with a $250,000 loan amount, this program would offer a grant of up to $12,500 to be used towards down payment and closing costs – with no requirement to pay grant back!
Benefits – Home Is Possible for the City of Gardnerville Down Payment Assistance
- This program is for anyone buying a home in the City of Gardnerville that qualifies under the program requirements as listed below.
- Qualify for up to 5% of the loan total for down payment or closing costs.
- Low 30 year interest rates for conventional and government loan types (FHA, VA)
- Home Is Possible grants can be combined with Federal Income Tax Rebates through the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program.
- Grants do not need repayment.
Requirements – Home Is Possible for the City of Gardnerville Down Payment Assistance
- You must occupy the home to be purchased the City of Gardnerville as a primary residence.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. Take a look at all qualifying City of Gardnerville home listings.
- You meet government or conventional requirements for underwriting.
- Your annual income is below $95,500.
- Your credit score is at least 640.
- You attend a required home buyer course.
- Pay the one-time fee of $675.
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.
City of Gardnerville Home Buyer Programs