Lyon County – Military Home Buyer Programs
Home is Possible for Heroes Program (HIP-P) is available to Lyon County active military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard) personnel to receive down payment help on a home purchase. This program allows qualifying military service members who live within Lyon County or anywhere statewide to receive up to a 5% grant towards a home down payment and/or closing costs. No need to repay this any portion of this grant!
Benefits – Lyon County Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- For qualified active military residents of Lyon County and also throughout the state of Nevada.
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) can be combined with this HIP-H program.
- Does not require this to be your first home purchase.
- Low monthly mortgage rate with market fixed interest rate on 30-year loans.
- Program fees waived.
Requirements –Lyon County Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- Must be active military personnel, a veteran, surviving spouse, or National Guard member.
- Income is not more than $95,500.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. Take a look at the Lyon County qualifying home listings.
- As of February 1, 2016, manufactured housing loans will be available for government loans.
- Only for Government issued loans – no conventional loans.
- Credit score is 640 or higher.
- You must meet the minimum requirements for underwriting.
- You must live in home purchased as your primary residence.
- You attend required home buyer class.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
Lyon County Home Buyer Programs