Douglas County – First Time Home Buyer Programs
The Nevada Housing Division runs the Home is Possible Program (HIP). This program is now offered to Douglas County residents for help with paying a down payment. This program enables Douglas County residents who purchase a home to qualify to receive up to 5% of the loan amount towards down payments or closing costs. For example, with a $250,000 loan amount, this program would offer a grant of up to $12,500 to be used towards down payment and closing costs – no requirement to be repaid!
Benefits – Home Is Possible for Douglas County Down Payment Assistance
- You can us this program is for purchasing a home in Douglas County that qualifies under the program requirements.
- Combine the Home Is Possible grant with the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program.
- There is no requirement to repay this grant.
- Qualify for up to 5% of the loan amount for down payment or closing costs.
Requirements – Home Is Possible for Douglas County Down Payment Assistance
- Desired home purchase price is under $400,000. Check out at all qualifying Douglas County home listings.
- You meet government or conventional requirements for underwriting.
- You attend a required home buyer course.
- Buyer must occupy the home to be purchased in Douglas County as a primary residence.
- You annual income is a max of $95,500.
- Credit score is at least 640.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.
Douglas County Home Buyer Programs