City of Dayton – First Time Home Buyer Programs
The City of Dayton offers down payment assistance with a program called HIP – Home is Possible (ran by the Nevada Housing Division). This program allows City of Dayton home buyers who qualify to receive up to 5% of the loan amount towards down payments or closing costs. For example, with a $250,000 loan amount, this program would offer a grant of up to $12,500 to be used towards down payment and closing costs – with no requirement to pay back!
Benefits – Home Is Possible for the City of Dayton Down Payment Assistance
- HIP down payment assistance is available for the City of Dayton and also statewide.
- Receive up to 5% of the loan total for down payment or closing costs.
- Attractive 30 year interest rates for conventional and government loan types (FHA, VA)
- HIP grants can be combined with Federal Income Tax Rebates through Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program.
- This program is for anyone buying a home in the City of Dayton that qualifies under the program requirements as listed below.
- Grants do not have to be repaid.
Requirements – Home Is Possible for the City of Dayton Down Payment Assistance
- You must occupy the home to be purchased the City of Dayton as a primary residence.
- Your income is below $95,500.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. Check out all qualifying City of Dayton home listings.
- You meet government or conventional requirements for underwriting.
- Your credit score is a minimum of 640.
- Pay the one-time fee of $675.
- You attend a required home buyer course.
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.
City of Dayton Home Buyer Programs