City of Minden – Military Home Buyer Programs
The Home is Possible for Heroes Program (HIP-P) was developed by the Nevada Housing Division and is offered in the City of Minden. This program offers our active military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard) personnel to receive down payment help on a home purchase. This program allows qualifying military service members who live within the City of Minden or anywhere statewide to receive up to a 5% grant towards a home down payment and/or closing costs. No need to repay this grant!
Benefits – City of Minden Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- Available to residents of the City of Minden and also throughout the state of Nevada.
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) can be combined with this program.
- Low monthly mortgage rate with market fixed interest rate on 30-year loans.
- Program fees waived.
- The HIP-H program does not require this to be your first home purchase.
Requirements – City of Minden Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- Must be active military personnel, a veteran, surviving spouse, or National Guard member.
- Income is no more than $95,500.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. Take a look at the City of Minden qualifying home listings.
- Your credit score is 640 or higher.
- Attend required home buyer course.
- Home purchased must be occupied as primary residence.
- Only Government issued loans – no conventional loans.
- You meet the minimum requirements for underwriting.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
- As of February 1, 2016, manufactured housing loans will be available for government loans.
City of Minden Home Buyer Programs