Carson City – Military Home Buyer Programs
The Home is Possible for Heroes Program (HIP-P) developed by the Nevada Housing Division in Carson City offers our active military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard) personnel to receive down payment help on a home purchase. This program allows qualifying military service members who live in within Carson City or anywhere statewide to receive up to a 5% grant towards a home down payment and/or closing costs. No need to repay grant!
Benefits – Carson City Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- Available to residents of Carson City and also throughout the state of Nevada.
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) can be combined with this program.
- Low monthly mortgage rate with market fixed interest rate on 30-year loans.
- Program fees waived.
- The HIP-H program does not require this to be your first home purchase.
Requirements – Carson City Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- Must be active military personnel, a military veteran, surviving spouse, or National Guard member.
- Income is no more than $95,500.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. Take a look at Carson City qualifying home listings.
- Your credit score is 640 or higher.
- You will occupy home purchased in home as a primary residence.
- Only Government issued loans – no conventional loans.
- You meet the minimum requirements for underwriting.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
- Attend the required home buyer course.
- As of February 1, 2016, manufactured housing loans will be available for government loans.
Carson City Home Buyer Programs