Military Down Payment Assistance
Home is Possible for Heroes Program
The State of Nevada Housing Division offers the Home is Possible for Heroes Program for active military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard) personnel to help those who serve our country to receive down payment assistance for a home purchase. This program allows qualifying military service members to receive up to a 5% grant towards a home down payment and/or closing cost expenses. This grant has no repayment requirement.
Benefits – Military Down Payment Assistance
- Low monthly mortgage rate due to below market fixed interest rate for 30-year loan.
- Program available statewide.
- Can combine with Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC).
- Program fees waived.
- No requirement to be a first time home buyer.
Requirements – Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- You must be active military personnel, a veteran, surviving spouse, or National Guard member.
- Your income is below $95,500.
- Your credit score is a minimum of 640.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. View all Northern Nevada qualifying listings for down payment assistance.
- You must occupy purchased home as a primary residence.
- Only Government issued loans – no conventional loans.
- You meet the normal requirements for underwriting.
- Attend a required home buyer course.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
- As of February 1, 2016, manufactured housing loans will be available for government loans.
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.