Washoe County – Teacher Home Buyer Programs
Washoe County offers Home is Possible for Teachers – developed by Nevada Housing Division. This program will benefit all full-time teachers in Washoe County – with down payment assistance when buying a home. The program pays up to $10,000 towards down payment and/or closing costs for K-12 public school teachers!
Benefits – Washoe County -Teacher Home Down Payment Program
- Home Is Possible is available to teachers in Washoe County and also available throughout the state of Nevada.
- $10,000 in bonus money usable toward down payment and closing costs that is forgivable after 5 years of continued occupancy.
- Low mortgage payments with fixed below market interest rates.
- Can combine with the Mortgage Credit Certificate program.
- No need to be a first-time home buyer.
Requirements -Washoe County -Teacher Home Down Payment Program
- Available to licensed full-time K-12 public school teachers in the State of Nevada.
- Home purchase price below $400,000. Look at Washoe County – Homes for sale that will qualify for down payment assistance.
- Must live in the purchased home as primary residence.
- Teachers yearly salary must be below $95,500.
- Teachers credit score is at least 660.
- Only for us with Government insured loans.
- Teacher meets standard underwriters requirements.
- Must pay one-time program fee of $675.
- Funding limited to 300 teachers – Apply as soon as possible!
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.
Washoe County Home Buyer Programs