Washoe County – First Time Home Buyer Programs
The Nevada Housing Division runs the Home is Possible Program (HIP). This program is now offered to Washoe County residents for down payment assistance. This program enables Washoe County residents who want to purchase a home to qualify to receive up to 5% of the loan amount towards down payments or closing costs. For example, with a $250,000 loan amount, this program would offer a grant of up to $12,500 to be used towards down payment and closing costs – with no requirement for repayment!
Benefits – Home Is Possible for Washoe County Down Payment Assistance
- You are able to combine the Home Is Possible grant with the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program.
- This program is for anyone purchasing a home in Washoe County that qualifies under the program requirements.
- Qualify for up to 5% of the loan amount for down payment or closing costs.
- There is no requirement to repay this grant.
Requirements – Home Is Possible for Washoe County Down Payment Assistance
- Desired home purchase price is under $400,000. Check out at all qualifying Washoe County home listings.
- Must occupy the home to be purchased in Washoe County as a primary residence.
- You meet government or conventional requirements for underwriting.
- You attend a required home buyer course.
- Annual income is a max of $95,500.
- Credit score is at least 640.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.
Washoe County Home Buyer Programs