Douglas County – Home Tax Credits Programs
The MCC – Mortgage Credit Certificate Program is available to qualifying residents of Douglas County. The MCC program gives federal income tax credits for the entire duration of your home ownership. Realize up to a 30% credit on income taxes every year you own the home purchased with this program.
Benefits -Douglas County Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)
- Available for all qualifying Douglas County residents and also for residents in the entire state
- MCC program requires a fee of $795 to be paid along with an application fee of $300.
- Veteran’s can waive the MCC fee with an exception of paying the $300 lender application fee.
- Annual rebates up to $2,000 with a Federal Income Tax credit of up to 30% of the interest you’ve paid on your mortgage loan.
- You will be able to claim a standard tax deduction on any of the remaining interest of your loan.
- Tax credits you receive will vary per year based on the amount of interest paid throughout the year.
- Combine your Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) with the Douglas County Home Is Possible program to receive a $400 discount.
Requirements -Douglas County Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)
- You are a qualified veteran and plan to live in the home as your primary residence.
- You’re a first-time home buyer or have not owned a home in the last 3 years.
- Household meets the minimum requirements for Conventional, USDA RD (United Stated Department of Agriculture – Rural Development), FHA (Federal Housing Administration) or VA (Veterans Administration) loans.
- Your household meets the limits for income and home purchase amounts for the area.
- Maximum purchase price – $333,529
- Maximum income limit for households with 2 or fewer persons – $77,431
- Maximum income limit for households with 3 or more persons – $89,045
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.
Douglas County Home Buyer Programs