Douglas County – Military Home Buyer Programs
Home is Possible for Heroes Program (HIP-P) is available to Douglas County active military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, National Guard, Coast Guard) personnel to receive down payment help on a home purchase. The HIP-H program allows qualifying military service members who live in Douglas County or anywhere in Nevada to receive up to a 5% grant towards a home down payment and/or closing costs. No need to repay this any portion of this grant!
Benefits – Douglas County Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- For qualified active military residents of Douglas County and also throughout the state of Nevada.
- Program fees waived for all active military.
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) can be combined with the HIP-H program.
- No requirement this to be a first home purchase.
- Low monthly mortgage rate with market fixed interest rate on 30-year loans.
- As of February 1, 2016, manufactured housing loans will be available for government loans.
Requirements – Douglas County Military Housing Down Payment Assistance
- Income is not more than $95,500.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. Take a look at the Douglas County qualifying home listings.
- You are in active military, a veteran, surviving spouse, or National Guard member.
- Only for Government issued loans – no conventional loans.
- Credit score is 640 or higher.
- You meet the minimum requirements for underwriting.
- You live in home purchased as your primary residence.
- Attend required home buyer class.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
Douglas County Home Buyer Programs