Carson County (Carson City) – First Time Home Buyer Programs
The Home is Possible Program (HIP)- developed by the Nevada Housing Division offers Carson County (Carson City) residents for help with paying a down payment. This program enables Carson County (Carson City) residents who purchase a home to qualify to receive up to 5% of the loan amount towards down payments or closing costs. For example, with a $250,000 loan amount, this program would offer a grant of up to $12,500 to be used towards down payment and closing costs – no requirement to be repaid!
Benefits – Home Is Possible for Carson County (Carson City) Down Payment Assistance
- Qualify for up to 5% of the loan amount for down payment or closing costs.
- Combine the Home Is Possible grant with your Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC).
- This program is for anyone purchasing a home in Carson County (Carson City) that qualifies under the program requirements.
- There is no requirement to repay this grant.
Requirements – Home Is Possible for Carson County (Carson City) Down Payment Assistance
- Desired home purchase price is under $400,000. See qualifying here: Carson County (Carson City) home listings.
- You meet government or conventional requirements for underwriting.
- You attend a required home buyer course.
- Buyer must occupy the home to be purchased in Carson County (Carson City) as a primary residence.
- Maximum income of $95,500
- Credit score is at least 640.
- Pay a one-time fee of $675.
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.
Carson County (Carson City) Home Buyer Programs