City of Minden – First Time Home Buyer Programs
The City of Minden offers down payment assistance with the Home is Possible Program (ran by the Nevada Housing Division). This program enables City of Minden home buyers who qualify to receive up to 5% of the loan amount towards down payments or closing costs. For example, with a $250,000 loan amount, this program would offer a grant of up to $12,500 to be used towards down payment and closing costs – with no requirement to pay grant back!
Benefits – Home Is Possible for the City of Minden Down Payment Assistance
- This program is for anyone buying a home in the City of Minden that qualifies under the program requirements as listed below.
- Qualify for up to 5% of the loan total for down payment or closing costs.
- Attractive 30 year interest rates for conventional and government loan types (FHA, VA)
- HIP grants can be combined with Federal Income Tax Rebates through the Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) Program.
- Grants are not required to be repaid.
Requirements – Home Is Possible for the City of Minden Down Payment Assistance
- You must occupy the home to be purchased the City of Minden as a primary residence.
- Desired homes purchase price is under $400,000. Check out all qualifying City of Minden home listings.
- You meet government or conventional requirements for underwriting.
- Your annual income is below $95,500.
- Your credit score is a minimum of 640.
- You attend a required home buyer course.
- Pay the one-time fee of $675.
Get Started! Complete the form below to see if you qualify for this program.
City of Minden Home Buyer Programs